We are committed to protecting your privacy. PytExchange’s privacy policies explain how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy when you use our Services. By using our Services, you agree that PytExchange can use such data in accordance with our privacy policies.
Only authorized employees within the company, who in the course of their duties require it, can access and use information collected from individual customers.
We are constantly reviewing our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Government authorities have created specific offences for unauthorized actionsagainst computer systems and data. We will investigate such actions with a view to bringing legal action and/or civil action for damages against those responsible.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information basically is data that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. This includes information you provide to us and information which is collected about you automatically, however limited to data where the identity has been removed or otherwise anonymized.
PERSONAL INFORMATION VOLUNTARILY SUPPLIED
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
To the extent permitted under the applicable law, we may collect certain types of information automatically, such as whenever you interact with the Sites or use the Services. This information helps us address customer support issues, improve the performance of our Sites and applications, provide you with a streamlined and personalized experience, and protect your account from fraud by detecting unauthorized access. Information collected automatically includes:
• Online Identifiers: Geo location/tracking details, browser fingerprint, operating system, browser name and version, and/or personal IP addresses.
For example, we may automatically receive and record the following information on our server logs:
• How you came to and use the Services;
• Device type and unique device identification numbers;
• Device event information (such as crashes, system activity and hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL);
• How your device interacts with our Sites and Services, including pages accessed and links clicked;
• Broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location); and
• Other technical data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other similar technologies that uniquely identify your browser.
We may also use identifiers to recognize you when you access our Sites via an external link, such as a link appearing on a third party site.
ANONYMIZED AND AGGREGATED DATA
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
We generally use personal information to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Website. You consent the use of your information in the following ways:
Contract Administration: We may use your personal information to: (1) negotiate, execute, renew and/or manage a contract with you; (2) license requests or other information transactions and payments related thereto; and/or (3) communicate with you in respect of the above (including sending legal notifications).
Access and Communications to Our Website and Services: We may use your personal information to: (1) interact with you through our Website (e.g. software updates, Website announcements, etc.): and/or (2) manage and respond to your questions (e.g. technical, commercial, or administrative) or requests for maintenance and support.
Use of the Website: We may use your personal information to: (1) enable you to enjoy the use of, and easily navigate the Website; and/or (2) better understand your needs and interests. The legal basis is Art. 6(1)(f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Sharing with Third Parties: We may share your personal information with our partner companies or future affiliates for research, marketing, and other purposes. We may also share your information service providers with whom we contract with such as contractors, web hosts, data providers and others so that we may provide you any services and allow you to access the Website.
Training and Improvements: We may use your personal information to: (1) to allow for a better Website experience; and/or (2) improve the Website.
Direct Marketing and Inquiries: We may use your personal information to contact you for additional products and services that you may be interested in or to respond to an inquiry.
Correspondence: We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data“). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. The Website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the Website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our Website and business and communications with visitors.
Information Third-Parties Provide About You: We may receive information from other businesses or users about you. For example, when other users submit a company inquiry they may include your information in such an inquiry.
We will not use your personal information without your permission for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you. From time to time, and as required under the applicable law, we may request your permission to allow us to share your personal information with third parties. You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties, or allowing us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorization.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store your personal information securely throughout the lifespan of your PytExchange Account. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations or to resolve disputes. While retention requirements vary by jurisdiction, information about our typical retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are described below.
• Personal information collected to comply with our legal obligations under financial or anti-money laundering laws may be retained after account closure for as long as required under such laws.
• Until we receive a request to eliminate, delete, or modify any of your personal information stored with us.
• Information collected via technical means such as cookies, webpage counters and other analytics tools is kept for a period of up to one year from expiry of the cookie.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Your rights to personal information are not absolute. Depending upon the applicable law, access may be denied: (a) when denial of access is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting access would have a negative impact on another's privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; (d) where the request is frivolous or vexatious, or for other reasons.
• Access and portability. You may request that we provide you a copy of your personal information held by us. This information will be provided without delay subject to a potential fee associated with gathering of the information (as permitted by law), unless such provision adversely affects the rights and freedoms of others. In certain circumstances, you may request to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have us transfer your personal information directly to another data controller.
• Rectification of incomplete or inaccurate personal information. You may request us to correct or update any of your personal information held by PytExchange that is inaccurate. You may do this at any time on your dashboard.
• Restriction of processing. In some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to restrict or object to us processing your personal information under certain circumstances. We may continue to process your personal information if it is necessary for the defense of legal claims, or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable law.
• Automated individual decision-making, including profiling. PytExchange makes use of automated tools to help determine whether a transaction or a customer account presents a fraud or legal risk. In some jurisdictions, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your personal information, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects on you, save for the exceptions applicable under relevant data protection laws.
BUSINESS THAT WE DO NOT CONTROL
Partnership with affiliated businesses is uncommon and we participate in various affiliate marketing programs for compensation when you view and/or purchase products and/or services reviewed and or listed on the Website. In some cases, these businesses sell offerings to you at the Website. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related only to those transactions with that third party.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Functions such as hosting the Website, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including but not limited to paid listings and links), and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but will not use it for other purposes as we ensure to enforce industry’s best practices in protecting your data.
We put in the best of efforts to ensure your information is protected by employing the use of both physical and electronic measures in compliance with ethical and industry requirements. Nonetheless, being an electronically hosted Website, we do acknowledge the existence of criminal individuals and we make tireless efforts to guard against breaches but for this reason also, we recommend that you protect yourself as well from security and privacy threats by making use of recommended anti-virus software, routine credit checks, strong passwords, firewalls, as well as other precautions.
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS FOR EU USERS ONLY
Your Personal Data may be transferred outside of the EU. In such case, we take all reasonable precautions to apply the appropriate or suitable safeguards set forth by the GDPR, for example, we implement measures such as appropriate contractual clauses to ensure that the recipients of such transfer protect and treat your personal data in accordance with all applicable personal data protection laws.
You are entitled to exercise the following rights in accordance with the GDPR:
(a) The right to access the personal information concerning them, to correct or rectify inaccurate information and, when applicable, to object to data processing;
(b) the right of erasure of those data that either have been collected solely based on your consent, or they are no longer needed to perform the purpose(s) for which they were collected;
(c) the right to restrict processing when such data are no longer needed to perform the purpose(s) for which they were collected;
(d) the right to have personal information provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
(e) the right to withdraw consent at any time and without any detriment, insofar as personal data processing is based exclusively on your consent.
HOW TO CONTACT US